I'm no longer getting Allow and Remember prompt. I have to manually click the red icon in the upper left to access it. How do I restore the automatic prompt?
Yesterday I visited a site to which I often go, pingtest.net. Normally, when I visit that site, a thin horizontal bar appears at the top of the browser viewing frame. I do not recall what it says, but it stretches the entire length of frame, from left to right. On the right edge of the bar is an x, if I wish to close it. In addition, when this horizontal bar appears, I also get a box which is about six to seven times the height of the thin horizontal bar that appears over the left edge of the thin horizontal bar. This box stretches across the width of about a sixth or fifth of the width of the horizontal bar. It contains something like the following: Show All, Allow, Allow and Remember. I normally click the Show all option, and I normally select Allow Now for all options.
Here's what happened yesterday: I went to pingtest.net, the horizontal bar appeared, and everything seemed normal. However I took no action. Instead, I changed my mind and decided to go to a different URL. My cursor was in the middle of the screen. I moved the cursor up to what I intended to be the URL field, in order to enter a new URL. Unfortunately I didn't move the cursor sufficiently. So, instead of clicking in the URL field, I clicked right in the middle of the horizontal bar. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I CLICKED BUT FROM THAT MOMENT TO THIS THAT HORIZONTAL BAR HAS NEVER RE-APPEARED. WHATEVER I CLICKED, IT APPEARS I INSTRUCTED FIREFOX TO NEVER PROVIDE ME WITH THAT HORIZONTAL BAR AGAIN!!!
As a result, I am also no longer getting the grey box with the Show All, Allow, Allow and Remember options.
How can I restore normal behavior, and get the normal horizontal bar and the normal box with the Show All, Allow, Allow and Remember options?
I'm not sure if clearing the "Site Preferences" for the last hour(s) would have effect if you wouldn't do this immediately.Diese Antwort im Kontext lesen 1
Mehr Details zum System
- Widevine Technologies, Inc. Digital Rights Management and Video Optimization
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.65.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Octoshape embedded video plugin
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- Plug-in for detecting Nero Kwik Media.
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0
The time frame is specified at the top of the "Clear Recent History" dialog with a drop-down control that has choices like Last Two Hours, Today, Everything.
Oh. Duuuhh! If it had been a snake it would have bit me; thanks.
Well, here goes. I'm going to screw up pingtest.net again and see if I can fix it this way. If I can, then I guess, going with the least change needed criterion, this is a better way to go than the SQ Lite Manager.
Thanks again for this help and this info; much appreciated.
Geändert am von criggs
It worked, like a charm! Actually, I think this is a preferable solution to the SQ Lite Manager, since it does not involve the installation of additional software, and is not at all invasive or comprehensive.
Hats off to Cor-El who was the first to suggest this alternate solution. I tried to give it a solution award, but I got an error message. I suspect having given that award to the earlier JScher2000 posting with the SQLite Manager suggestion, the system doesn't allow more than one person to get the solution award.