Can't change my home page, each time I change it goes to findamos.com
I've been try to change my home page for a week and it keeps come to findamos.com each time I restart firefox and when i restart my computer it also takes off my appearance.
Chosen solutionby philipp
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_31 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Nexon Game Controller
- Pando Web Plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0
also have a look at the How to fix preferences that won't save troubleshooting article (especially the section about user.js if the homepage is the only setting that won't stay after a restart of the browser)
Some security software has virtualization features that can cause problems by protecting and restoring files in the Firefox profile folder.
I have the same problem..Please if anyone has another solution let me know. I have done the about.config and it keeps on coming back on..
did you get it solved? IE works find it affected mozilla
please also try my advice from above - look for the user.js file in your profile folder!
well it worked for a while and then it came back, but my appearances stays on now.
then you should scan your pc for malware, see Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware.
did that and did not come up with anything, and i used two malware cleaners and fix software.
according to entries on other forums this is occuring when a program called bProtector.exe is running on your pc. download & run hijackthis and fix the service entry for this piece of software to get rid of the problem...
If it is caused by malware, here's some great free malware removal tools you could try:
Got it!! Had to log safe mode stop all application running in task manager call bProtector. uninstall P?Protector for windows. Once I restated and reset my setting it was gone for sure..