I migrated to a new pc (WIN10 to WIN10) an I have 4 different "personalities" in my profile. For 3 of the 4 email personality accounts the message in the sent folder car…
I migrated to a new pc (WIN10 to WIN10) an I have 4 different "personalities" in my profile. For 3 of the 4 email personality accounts the message in the sent folder carried over and on my main email account I can see in the sent folder the subject and date in the "sent" folder - but the body of the email that I sent is not there. Is there a "sent" file I can copy from the first pc and just bring over those sent files again with content?
I am making filters which have a property based on a `X-Original-To`, a header of the email message. It is straightforward to create a Thunderbird message filter on the …
I am making filters which have a property based on a `X-Original-To`, a header of the email message. It is straightforward to create a Thunderbird message filter on the value of this header (e.g. take action when `X-Original-To` header begins with 'list+'). However, the behaviour of the filter is confusing when the message has multiple `X-Original-To` headers. I can't find anything which tells whether Thunderbird applies the filter to the first matching header, or to the last, or any arbitrary-chosen matching header, or what.
The `X-Original-To` header is not built in to the Thunderbird UI, but I think that is not material. Most email messages I have seen have multiple `Received` headers. How does a Thunderbird message filter property testing the `Received` header behave?
I expect there to be documentation stating what correct behaviour of a Thunderbird filter is. I cannot find such documentation. In fact the only documentation on filters I have found is "Organize Your Messages by Using Filters" (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/organize-your-messages-using-filters). Is there documentation I am missing?
From observation, I suspect that Thunderbird applies the filter property only to the final occurrence of a header in a message, and ignores any previous occurrences of that header in that message. The insight here is, if a filter property on a message header just _is not_ behaving as expected, check if your message has multiple occurrence of that header, and if you are seeing only the first one. Maybe the filter property is in fact operating as expected, but on the final occurrence.
Is there any Thunderbird UI to control which of multiple occurrences a filter property checks? Is there a way to make it check the first occurrence, instead of the last?
When my filter misbehaves, I do not see an entry in the Filter Log describing how that fllter tested against that message. The Filter Log only seems to get messages when a filter property matches against a message. This is unhelpful when diagnosing a problem of a filter _not_ matching. I expect log entries for failed matches also, though I recognise that would get very verbose very quickly. A message when a filter finds multiple occurrences of a header it is testing would be very helpful. Is there a way to make the Filter Log describe failed matches?
My primary questions are, which of multiple headers in a message does a Thunderbird filter property check? Where should a Thunderbird user discover this answer when setting up their filters?
I don't want that, clicking on "download messages", that account will read any new email and show any error or warning messages. I have already unchecked all flags in the…
I don't want that, clicking on "download messages", that account will read any new email and show any error or warning messages. I have already unchecked all flags in the reading section of the account configuration ("check for new messages at the start" and so on).
Can anybody help me, please?
Thank you in advance.
При загрузке сообщений - выходит ошибка: Текущая операция над "Входящие" не выполнена. Почтовый сервер для учетной записи ответил: [NOPERM]Cannot select secret
В настройках почты у меня засекречена папка "Входящие". Снимать пароль с нее мне не надо, но этот пароль мешает получению сообщений в сам клиент Thunderbird. Как исправит…
В настройках почты у меня засекречена папка "Входящие". Снимать пароль с нее мне не надо, но этот пароль мешает получению сообщений в сам клиент Thunderbird. Как исправить ситуацию, чтобы оставив пароль на папке можно было получать сообщения в почтовый клиент? Тем более раньше все работало нормально (проблема где то больше года уже)
I've had Thunderbird instaled on this Windows 10 machine for about 18 months, and it has been running fine. A couple of days ago, a strange grey bar appeared along the bo…
I've had Thunderbird instaled on this Windows 10 machine for about 18 months, and it has been running fine.
A couple of days ago, a strange grey bar appeared along the bottom of the Thunderbird window, with red test "toolbarbutton" - see screen shot. I am not sure why this suddenly appeared, there were no unusual events at the time. It just showed up, one day.
Any suggestions how I can remove this extraneous artefact. I tried a lot of add/remove toolbar, change layout, etc, through the View menu, nothing made any difference. I also trawled through prefs.js but didn't see anything obvious.
Very grateful for any assistance.
Hi, so here's what happened... 1) My file server was full so I moved all my IMAP inbox emails that were older than 1 year to a local folder subcalled "Archive - email@ema…
Hi, so here's what happened...
1) My file server was full so I moved all my IMAP inbox emails that were older than 1 year to a local folder subcalled "Archive - email@example.com"
2) I then setup my emails to automatically archive to this local folder. When I did this, TB changed the layout of my local archive folder. Instead of leaving it in the "Local Folders" directory, it moved it up into the "Archives" directory and created an archive subfolder called "Local - Archive - firstname.lastname@example.org" - everything going well up until this point.
3) I already had an archive sub folder called email@example.com (which was empty) so now I have two archive directory located sub folders for the same email account. One is called "firstname.lastname@example.org" (empty), the other is called "Local - Archive - email@example.com" and contains all my local email archives.
4) I tried to delete the archive folder called "firstname.lastname@example.org" but it wont allow me to do this so I'm stuck with multiple archive folders.
5) I test my new archive setup. I press "archive" on an email in my email@example.com inbox but instead of archiving to the local archive directory location that I setup ("Archive - firstname.lastname@example.org" which TB changed to "Local - Archive - email@example.com"), the email archives to the original archive sub folder "firstname.lastname@example.org".
6) I checked the auto archive settings to make sure they were pointing at the correct folder. The settings were setup correctly and yet the auto archive was still sending emails to the email@example.com archive folder (rather than my new local folder), I gave up trying to auto archive to the local folder.
7) What I did next, and in what order, I am unsure... As I now had two archives (one local that couldn't backed up to) and another that was online and would soon fill up my file server, I believe I tried to either: a) drag and drop emails from the online archive (or the entire firstname.lastname@example.org archive folder) into the "Local - Archive - email@example.com". b) or the other way around... I dragged emails or the folder "Local - Archive - firstname.lastname@example.org" into the online archive "email@example.com"
During the process of moving emails I closed Firefox down and when I came back later I found that Thunderbird had totally removed my archived folder called: "Local - Archive - firstname.lastname@example.org" and all my emails within it but there were no emails added to the other archive. Rather, the emails have disappeared altogether. I do not know where all my emails within this folder have gone or how I can recover them...
Did I break this somehow or did Thunderbird?
If anyone understands what happened, and where my emails may be stored, please help me recover them. They are business emails that my business relies upon for ongoing sales and as tax records etc.