I am having a problem on my Win8 machine tonight, I see the check function running and it doesn't stop. It is not a connectivity issue as I was able run this function ton… (funda kabanzi)
I am having a problem on my Win8 machine tonight, I see the check function running and it doesn't stop. It is not a connectivity issue as I was able run this function tonight from same home network on my Mac OSX 10.9 that didn't have Adobe Flash with Firefox latest version.
Adobe Flash Player 16 NPAPI v184.108.40.2065
Java Deployment Toolkit 220.127.116.11
Java(TM) Platform SE 6 U25 18.104.22.168 (Disabled)
What I've tested so far:
1) Started FF in safe mode, tried plugin check, results never loaded
2) Removed extensions, tried plugin check, results never loaded
3) Permitted Java to run on this site, results never loaded
4) Verified Adobe Flash is functioning versus http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
5) I usually keep Adobe Flash security permissions locked down as much as possible, so things can't put crap cookies on my machine without explicit permission. I've tweak various settings to make the security level more permissive. Plugin check still didn't work.
What are the minimum techincal requirements for the plugin check feature to work? If this is indeed an Adobe Flash issue, why does this feature work on the Mac that doesn't have AF installed, but not on the Windows machine? What more detail is needed from my end to figure out what might be happening?