- Okugcinwe kunqolobane
Freezing when trying to download. Might be related to CCleaner?
95 64bit Windows 10 Home Version 21H2 Alienware 15R4
Freezing when trying to download. Might be related to CCleaner?
95 64bit Windows 10 Home Version 21H2 Alienware 15R4
About a month ago, I started having a problem where all pages on YouTube randomly stop loading. It does this with no rhyme or reason and usually for around a minute at a … (funda kabanzi)
About a month ago, I started having a problem where all pages on YouTube randomly stop loading. It does this with no rhyme or reason and usually for around a minute at a time. It just hangs until it abruptly starts working again. Occasionally (like if I try to log out while this is happening), it will give me an error saying I'm "offline", even though I am most definitely not offline. During this time, all other websites (Google, Wikipedia, Hulu, etc) work fine, so I know it's not my Internet. Other than that, it doesn't give me any errors.
I am using a MSI laptop on Windows 10. Oddly enough, YouTube loads properly in incognito mode and in Windows Edge, but clearing my cache and cookies, disabling my extensions, and updating Firefox to the latest version didn't solve the problem. I even enabled each of my extensions separately in incognito mode while YouTube wasn't loading in a normal window, and each time YouTube loaded properly in the private window while simultaneously not loading in the normal one, so I know none of my extensions are causing the problem. Restarting my computer also didn't do anything. This problem persists when logged in or out of YouTube, no matter the account.
I reported this issue to YouTube back on December 29, but it hasn't been fixed. I also made a post on the YouTube Community a few days ago, but I didn't get any helpful answers. Any help would be appreciated!
I have an Apple M1 chip machine. Firefox isn't working. Happened before, downloaded new Firefox. Problem has recurred and I cannot remove old Firefox. I remove it from ap… (funda kabanzi)
I have an Apple M1 chip machine. Firefox isn't working. Happened before, downloaded new Firefox. Problem has recurred and I cannot remove old Firefox. I remove it from applications, reinstall, and then it tells me I already have Firefox open.
I am experiencing two critical problems with the latest version of Firefox 98.0 Every 1-2 hours the browser completely refuses to open any connection. It will not even … (funda kabanzi)
I am experiencing two critical problems with the latest version of Firefox 98.0
Every 1-2 hours the browser completely refuses to open any connection. It will not even open the local host 127.0.0.1 - The browser is functional, all of the buttons work. It just refuses to connect to anything.
Meanwhile Chrome, Vivaldi, Opera all open every webpage without a problem.
I first encountered this problem with the famous FoxStuck bug. After the bug was revealed and fixed the browser seemed to be working until now.
However since version 98.0 the problem seems to be back.
If I close the browser during these outages I can see several Firefox processes in the task manager. If I open Firefox again I am caught in an endless loop where it keeps saying Firefox is already running.
The only way to use the browser again is to either restart the computer, or shut down each process in the task manager.
Things I have tried to remedy this problem.
Windows System File Check Disabled all Firefox addons Re-installed the browser over ten times - Cleaned out the residual folders Tried the Firefox Extended Support Release builds Disabled all Firefox updates via the policies.json file Virus/Malware scans Tried various about:config switches
This happens on my work PC and on my home PC. I am using two different profiles on each one.
The weird thing is it is sometimes random. Sometimes it occurs once a day, sometimes it occurs multiple times in a day. The outages usually occur from between 2 - 5 minutes.
Tomorrow I will have to uninstall Firefox at work because I work in critical care for a health service. It's vital that we can access information seamlessly without a hitch. I've had to ask patients to wait 5 minutes due to this problem.
Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Is the infamous FoxStuck bug back again?
This has been a persistent problem for me. I first posted about it here. Since then problem has gotten progressively worse - the number of scenarios where the freeze happ… (funda kabanzi)
This has been a persistent problem for me. I first posted about it here. Since then problem has gotten progressively worse - the number of scenarios where the freeze happens has expanded and the frequency has increased. The gist of the problem is that Firefox freezes: a white transparent overlay appears over the window, the interface stops responding and no crash report is generated.
When it happens:
1) When calling any sort of context menus and dialogs. It first began to happen when interacting with autofill menus for input forms, but now it happens with any context menu - input forms, file save dialogs, menus in the menu tab and even the right click context menu.
2) When opening new windows (notably NOT new tabs) such as when opening a private browsing window, bookmarks window, download history window or when using the picture-in-picture option on Youtube.
How frequently it happens:
The frequency appears to be random and not specific to any website. It used to happen after about an hour of browsing, but after I attempted a clean reinstall of the browser (see below) the frequency increased dramatically and I am now lucky to get half an hour of browsing before it restarts.
What I've tried so far:
1) Looking for problematic extensions. Running Firefox in safe/troubleshooting mode seems to prevent the issue, so I started disabling extensions one by one. Ultimately though, even with all extensions disabled outside of safe mode, the issue persists. Reinstalling the browser without installing any extensions also does not resolve the issue, so any extension-related problems are seemingly ruled out.
2) Tracking memory and CPU usage. Nothing abnormal there - I have 16 GB of memory and Firefox rarely goes over 5. Just in case, I also increased the page file size on the main drive where Firefox is installed and enabled page files on all local drives (it was disabled for 3 out of 6 for some reason). This also didn't resolve the issue.
3) Refreshing Firefox. This did nothing except cause the 'Oops, there was a problem restoring your session' tab to first start appearing. Before the refresh that didn't used to happen at restart.
4) Disabling hardware acceleration. No effect.
5) Removing bookmarks. I had a very large number of bookmarks saved so I tried removing all of them. The issue persisted.
6) Deleting the places database. No effect.
7) Deleting the session restore files. This has been the most interesting option. Deleting the session restore files DID stop the freezing... until it came back again in a couple of days. Deleting the session files again after that did not make the issue go away again.
8) Doing a complete reinstall of the browser. I uninstalled Firefox from the Control Panel, then went into the AppData folder and manually removed any references to Firefox. After that I installed the latest version of the browser and refrained from syncing the new instance with my Firefox Account, or installing any extensions. Even with that, the issue persists.
9) Checked for hardware problems. Tests of RAM and the SSD on which Firefox is installed produced no errors. The issue also persisted through a GPU upgrade. Barring some arcane motherboard or CPU issue, I think hardware problems are ruled out - and it seems unlikely that a motherboard or CPU hardware issue would affect Firefox and only Firefox.
Please help, this is an extremely frustrating problem and
Firefox has been my favourite browser for years but I am about to uninstall and kick it to the curb!!! Every time I want to attach/insert an image (on many different sit… (funda kabanzi)
Firefox has been my favourite browser for years but I am about to uninstall and kick it to the curb!!!
Every time I want to attach/insert an image (on many different sites/platforms/apps) it freezes ~ I have to shut down and start again, losing whatever I have been working on. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a few times and have checked ~ all is up to date.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks a mil!
A very serious bug in all Firefox browsers (it's been around for several years!). If you open multiple tabs (many tabs) in your browser, virtually all settings will not w… (funda kabanzi)
A very serious bug in all Firefox browsers (it's been around for several years!). If you open multiple tabs (many tabs) in your browser, virtually all settings will not work, e.g. you won't open Options, Menus, various tasks, extensions, won't save your bookmarks, and many other problems. Although the browser opens a page and the Tab works! But everything else is NOT WORKING, even in Safe Mode or Troubleshooting Mode! I've reported this many times: No developer help! Windows 7 x64 Firefof Latest x64 version 20 GB RAM 4xCore CPU
Today I updated to Firefox 40.0 for iOS and its completely frozen every time I launch it. Background: I had over 200 tabs open when I upgraded. Every few days I sort t… (funda kabanzi)
Today I updated to Firefox 40.0 for iOS and its completely frozen every time I launch it.
I had over 200 tabs open when I upgraded. Every few days I sort through my open tabs and send those that I want to preserve to Pinboard. Although I am due to clean up tabs, this has never been a problem with previous Firefox upgrades.
In its current state Firefox is holding several important topics I was looking up hostage. I can’t just delete and reinstall the app because I don’t know that I will be able to find those pages again.
When I start Firefox for iOS I expect it to open the last tab I was on and allow me to interact with normal Firefox controls like entering the tab menu or typing in the URL bar.
Everything is completely frozen. The most recent tab opens but it stuck with the purple loading bar 1/3 to 1/2 full. I cannot interact with any of the application controls such as opening menus or interacting with the URL bar. Firefox usually crashes to springboard after a minute or two if I wait for it to load.
- Force quit. This doesn’t change anything. - Phone restart. When I restart my phone Firefox works for about 30 seconds but rapidly slows and freezes. - Closing tabs. I’ve restarted my phone and closes a few tabs until Firefox stops responding. I’ve done this enough times to close about 40 tabs. It’s made virtually no impact. - Other browser. I’ve tested some of the same websites that are giving me trouble on Safari and they load quickly. I do not appear to have connectivity issues nor do the websites that I am loading. - Disabling external privacy features. I use AdGuard Pro as well as NextDNS to improve privacy and speed when I browse. I have disabled both services but it did not improve Firefox’s performance.
I’ve also noticed that, when I can get to the tabs pag, all the thumbnails have disappeared and been replaced with favicons. This suggests to me that perhaps Firefox emptied some kind of internal cache when it was upgraded. That said, historically if I clear the browsing cache with hundreds of tabs open I don’t have any sort of problem like this.
I will install screenshots in a follow-up to this post — I need to restart my phone to make them and I don’t want to lose what I’ve typed here. :-)
Final Thoughts: Firefox and Apple both encourage frequently updating apps. If Mozilla wishes to maintain a rapid update cycle it is critical that they do not introduce breaking changes. It is not reasonable for a user to “migrate” to a new version when they have (a) no means for rollback and (b) updates are either forced or hard to avoid.
Please help me resolve this so I can save the tabs that I need without information loss.
Firefox will start once (maybe) and then it makes no difference where I click from (tray, programs, desktop shortcut) Firefox refuses to boot up. I've tried re-installing… (funda kabanzi)
Firefox will start once (maybe) and then it makes no difference where I click from (tray, programs, desktop shortcut) Firefox refuses to boot up. I've tried re-installing multiple times. If I reboot, it will start. Also sometimes I will get a New tab but the page/URL never comes up. Firefox just hangs. I'm running Windows 11.
For some reason, randomly, and now this is occurring more and more frequently, Firefox will just hang and say that "Firefox is not responding," and I have to wait ~30 sec… (funda kabanzi)
For some reason, randomly, and now this is occurring more and more frequently, Firefox will just hang and say that "Firefox is not responding," and I have to wait ~30 seconds for it to unfreeze and continue using Firefox. I have tried every potential solution that I could find on the Internet, such as disabling hardware acceleration, creating a new places database, etc., and I still keep getting these 30 second freezes on a pretty frequent basis. Do you guys know what might be going on?