My problem "was" that I was working on Firefox at my home and at my office. As computers are fast these days, I am in habit of opening large number of tabs in firefox… (மேலும் படிக்க)
My problem "was" that I was working on Firefox at my home and at my office. As computers are fast these days, I am in habit of opening large number of tabs in firefox. And I always wanted to open the same tabs at my office which I was opening at my home and vice versa. I further wanted to clean the browsing history after leaving the computer at my work as well as home.
While searching through the forums, I reached to this thread:
And to my satisfaction, the exact answer was not there.
Anyways, doing a little more search, I found why I will never stop loving Firefox and its because of its wonderful "addons".
So here I re-write the problem,
I want to save the addresses of different tabs opened in my Firefox and save them to a file that can be re-opened by Firefox on the same computer or on a different computer with the option to clean the browser history after leaving the computer.
Solution: "Session Manager Addon" of firefox.
Steps to the solution:
1. Download and install a firefox addon called "session manager".
2. After installing this addon, go to Firefox -> Sesion Manager -> Session Manager -> Session Manager Options. (or to Tools -> Session Manager -> Session Manager -> Session Manager Options)
Go to "Advanced" tab.
Now change the default location for saving the session. Say you name it to your desktop.
Now, you have "Session Manager" addon installed, the default location of saving the session file is known to you (say your desktop).
3. Now go to, "Firefox -> Session Manager -> Session Manager -> Save Session" and give your session a name under the option "Save the current session as". (or to "Tools -> Session Manager -> Session Manager -> Save Session")
4. Suppose you give your session a name called "New Session". In your default location of saving the session (say your desktop), you will get a file named "New Session.session"
5. Now this file is the key. It's a small file and you can simply email it to yourself or carry it to your work with you.
6. Just place this file at same location on the different computer and repeat Steps 1 and 2.
7. Now Session Manager is installed and configured on the other computer and the file has been copied to the desktop of this other computer.
8. Go to Firefox -> Session Manager -> Session Manager -> Load Session (or to Tools -> Session Manager -> Session Manager -> Load Session) and the saved session will be loaded to the different computer by Firefox.
Now, how this addon can help someone?
1. It is extremely useful for people like me who are addicted to opening many many tabs at once and want to resume working from the same set of tabs whether they are at home, office or some other place.
2. Suppose, you are surfing some personal sites that you do not want other people to know and you can't bookmark those sites. You are on a different computer, say at your office and want to clean the browsing history too.
The best option in such cases is to save the session completely and re-load it on a different computer.
I personally found "Session Manager" addon better than "copy urls expert".
The only improvement I would like to see is that Firefox itself should allow multiple tabs to saved to a file that can be opened by Firefox just like we open a saved HTML page.
And thanks to Michael Kraft for creating this wonderful addon... Really liked and I hope my post help others.