Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Претражи подршку

Избегните преваре подршке. Никада од вас нећемо тражити да зовете или шаљете поруке на број или да делите личне податке. Пријавите сумњиве радње преко „Пријавите злоупотребу” опције.

Сазнај више
Solved Архивирано

Diagnose CPU consumption

wirch.eduard

Once in a while I see one of my CPU cores 100% utilized. Checking process list reveals Firefox. This state persists until I open the Firefox Task Manager. The CPU utilization instantly drops to few percent.

Any idea how I can diagnose what causes this CPU utilization?

Note: `perf` says the Web Content thread is 100% utilized. But the call stack gives no obvious hints about the reason.

Once in a while I see one of my CPU cores 100% utilized. Checking process list reveals Firefox. This state persists until I open the Firefox Task Manager. The CPU utilization instantly drops to few percent. Any idea how I can diagnose what causes this CPU utilization? Note: `perf` says the Web Content thread is 100% utilized. But the call stack gives no obvious hints about the reason.

Измењено од стране wirch.eduard

Сви одговори (3)

Hello wirch.eduard ,

Three things you could do :

I hope that gives you enough information (?)

Одабрано решење

profiler.firefox.com did the trick. Thanks.

wirch.eduard said

profiler.firefox.com did the trick. .

Good for you to have found that !

Would you be so kind as to mark your own post as Chosen Solution, so others with the same question, will know where to look ?

It's the "Solved the problem" button to the right of your post.