Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Iskanje po podpori

Izogibajte se prevarantski tehnični podpori. Nikoli vam ne bomo naročili, da pokličete telefonsko številko ali nam pošljete osebne podatke. Sumljivo dejavnost prijavite z gumbom »Prijavi zlorabo«.

Več o tem
Arhivirano

Setting up email account

Bob

I successfully set up an icloud email account in Thunderbird on a laptop but cannot get it set up on a desktop. I am attempting to use the previously generated app-specific password. I think I remember that on the laptop I could not key the password, but had to copy and paste. If I generate another app-specific password, will it invalidate the password presently working on the laptop? Or am I missing something else?

I successfully set up an icloud email account in Thunderbird on a laptop but cannot get it set up on a desktop. I am attempting to use the previously generated app-specific password. I think I remember that on the laptop I could not key the password, but had to copy and paste. If I generate another app-specific password, will it invalidate the password presently working on the laptop? Or am I missing something else?

Vsi odgovori (1)

The app password is for the equipment being used or for an insecure App so you would need another for a different machine. At least, that's the way it works in Gmail "https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en"