Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Iskanje po podpori

Izogibajte se prevarantski tehnični podpori. Nikoli vam ne bomo naročili, da pokličete telefonsko številko ali nam pošljete osebne podatke. Sumljivo dejavnost prijavite z gumbom »Prijavi zlorabo«.

Več o tem
Rešeno Arhivirano

firefox patch ask to download but my avg says it's a virus and won't let me

kitch

Usually playing farmville on facebook and it will pop up to download firefox\patch(2.)js......but when I try to download my AVG anti-virus says it's a threat and removes it.What should I do ?

Usually playing farmville on facebook and it will pop up to download firefox\patch(2.)js......but when I try to download my AVG anti-virus says it's a threat and removes it.What should I do ?

Vsi odgovori (2)

Izbrana rešitev

hi kitch, this is a scam tactic that is trying to trick you into installing malware, so don't download or execute this kind of stuff just because of a popup or redirect on a website! updates are handled automatically by firefox so you don't have to download anything for that (and you can always initiate a manual check for updates in the firefox menu ≡ > help ? > about firefox).

we suspect this is coming form "malvertising" (=ads placed on legitimate websites that redirect you to this fraudulent message), so using an adblocking addon like https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/ would also help with that.

I found a fake Firefox update

thank you so much for this information....now I know