FF89 Crashed, Then Hang With White Window
After seeing so many problems with ver 89 reported here, and with my own font display problems, I still forgot to remind my wife not to update firefox on her pc.
So, she updated, started using, then firefox crashed. After killing task, firefox loaded up on a white blank window. Troubleshoot mode or whatever also gives a blank, even after restarting windows.
Uninstalled 89, downloaded ver 88 and installed. Had to say goodbye to her bookmarks, saved login etc. To my horror, when I went into options to disable auto update, it was already downloading 89! Even after changing it and exiting firefox, it still updated to 89!
Uninstalled 89 and reinstalled 88 again. Disconnected internet before running firefox so that I could change the update setting first. What a hassle. Can someone with powers here tell firefox devs to not beat the purpose of reverting to previous versions...
Been a loyal Firefox user since the time of Netscape... Really sad to see another very problematic version... Hope the mvp volunteers and top contributors here can compile our issues and submit to the devs...
Все ответы (2)
We're sorry to hear that your Firefox seems to be crashing when you open it. Please perform the following steps to give us a crash report ID that helps us find out more about the cause of the crash.
- On the keyboard, press [Windows] + [R]. This should bring up a Run window that contains a text field.
- In that text field, type %APPDATA% and press Enter. An explorer window should open.
- From that explorer window, double-click on the Mozilla folder, then double-click on Firefox and then on Crash reports. Double-click on submitted.
- Now, you should see a list of files that contain reports. Go to View > Arrange Icons by > Modified to get the most recent files at the top of the window.
- Open the most recent 5 files with a text editor and copy the IDs.
- Paste each ID with bp- into the reply window on the forums.
Thanks in advance!
You can find more information and troubleshooting steps in the Troubleshoot Firefox crashes (closing or quitting unexpectedly) article.
Sorry Seburo, there's no submitted folder. Attached screenshots of whatever is there.