My Firefox updated to 67.0.1. Now when I type something into my search bar it shows up as results in the address bar. I DO NOT WANT THIS. I used to be able to have typed my favorite websites into the address bar and basically saved them there so I could just drop down and go to a specific site. Now that is gone and all these search results are there. I WANT MY FIREFOX BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS. I don't understand why your company thinks this is a good thing. If there is no way to change this problem them I am going to remove Firefox from my computer and go with a different web browser.
Дополнительные сведения о системе
- Shockwave Flash 32.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:66.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/66.0
Hi Will73iam, the bar has a lot of features, so I'll describe several and you can pick and choose the parts that sound useful, or let me know if I missed something important. First, a picture for reference:
Removing the autofill suggestion from the address bar
(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button promising to be careful or accepting the risk.
(2) In the search box above the list, type or paste URLB and pause while the list is filtered
(3) Double-click the browser.urlbar.autoFill preference to switch the value from true to false
Removing search engine suggestions from the drop-down and/or Removing history, bookmark, or open tab suggestions from the drop-down
There are checkboxes for these on the Options page.
- Windows: "3-bar" menu button (or Tools menu) > Options
- Mac: "3-bar" menu button (or Firefox menu) > Preferences
- Linux: "3-bar" menu button (or Edit menu) > Preferences
- Any system: type or paste about:preferences into the address bar and press Enter/Return to load it
In the tiny search box at the top of the page, type or paste suggest and Firefox should filter the page to the relevant checkboxes:
(More info in the general article: Address bar autocomplete in Firefox - Search your bookmarks, history and tabs)
Does that help you get the bar to behave the way you like? If not, what are we missing?