Firefox crashes when I click on 'options', either from the 'tools' heading on the menu bar or from the 'open menu' button on the address bar. This occurs even when Firefox is in safe mode. It also crashes when I attempt to attach a file to an email using the web based yahoo email from AT&T. Updating to the latest version of Firefox did not help. Uninstalling Firefox and re-installing the latest version did not help. Uninstalling Firefox and deleting the leftover files and folders after the uninstall the problem persists. (even the hidden C:\Documents and Settings\Glines\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla folder and the 'old Firefox data' folder) I have disabled all my installed add-ons and again the trouble persists.
Thank you for your time .
Дополнительные сведения о системе
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.8
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.168
- Shockwave Flash 13.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.124
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.3
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.25.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- A component of your photo software powered by RocketLife
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 4.0; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/33.0
Let us know how you do.
In the address bar, type about:crashes. Note: If any reports do not have BP in front of the numbers, click it and select Submit.
Using your mouse, mark the most resent 7 - 10 crash reports, and copy them. Now go to the reply box below and paste them in.
If you can't get Firefox to open, you will have to do this the hard way. Open the file browser / explorer on your computer. Enter this;
Copy the last 5-7 Recent File Names in the folder, including the date and time created. Post all the information in the reply box below.
Do a clean reinstall and delete the Firefox program folder before (re)installing a fresh copy of the current Firefox release.
- Download the full Firefox installer and save the file to the desktop
If possible uninstall your current Firefox version to cleanup the Windows registry and settings in security software.
- Do NOT remove "personal data" when you uninstall your current Firefox version, because this will remove all profile folders and you lose personal data like bookmarks and passwords including data in profiles created by other Firefox versions.
Remove the Firefox program folder before installing that newly downloaded copy of the Firefox installer.
- (32 bit Windows) "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\"
- (64 bit Windows) "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\"
- It is important to delete the Firefox program folder to remove all the files and make sure that there are no problems with files that were leftover after uninstalling.
Your bookmarks and other personal data are stored in the Firefox profile folder and won't be affected by an uninstall and (re)install, but make sure NOT to remove personal data when you uninstall Firefox as that will remove all Firefox profile folders and you lose your personal data.
If you keep having problems then also create a new profile.