FF wont stop deleting cookies
I notice some problems with firefox since the latest update:
1. Right after the update I enabled the settings to empty the cookies each time FF is closed down ("Delete cookies and site data when Firefox is closed"). But, I ended not liking this feature since it constantly demanded me to remember my passcodes and became a headache, so I disabled it. But FF still continues deleting cookies each time, and seem to be stuck on deleting cookies.
I've been given various suggestions to go to resolve this, like reinstall, config, etc., uninstall apps, but nothing helps.
2. Another issue I have is FF with Facebook. Using Facebook in FF I can't backspace and I can't post any comment. If I try to post comments it simply moves the cursor down on the page but you can't post anything.
None of these issues continue in other browsers so it must be FF related.
3. FF seem to use enormous amount of memory and power usage, especially when multiple tabs are open (or even if tabs are not open it shows previous tabs in the Task Manager). I'm not a programmer or coder but a friend of mine who was a senior programmer in the banking industry told me it's possible for coders to solve this issue. If I understood him right (and I apologize if my wording is wrong), a solution would be to keep tabs in sleep state if they are open but not active on top so they don't keep running or updating data all the time. This of course would need consideration that sometimes people want to listen to videos or audio while using other tabs - but that would involve every single tab and can perhaps be provided as an option.
Many people like to keep multiple tabs open, yet still have good browsing performance. Maybe there can be a new project to offer better tab management to make them easily visible and accessible? Bookmarks are not that great because they disapper into a long stream of text without clarity what exactly they are until you open the page, and even then scrolling down and using bookmarks is not that great if you have many saved......
Wszystkie odpowiedzi (6)
If the Browser settings isn't checked that would conclude you got Addons or A/V that is deleting saved logins. You need to check your Addons and A/V to verify those setups aren't deleting logins saves.
"I've been given various suggestions to go to resolve this, like reinstall, config, etc., uninstall apps, but nothing helps."
Did you check the settings for "Clear history when Firefox closes" ?
You can check that you aren't clearing important cookies.
- using "Delete cookies and site data when Firefox is closed" to clear cookies keeps cookies with an allow exception
in 102+ version toggling this setting makes changes to the "Clear history when Firefox closes" settings and those settings prevail
- using "Clear history when Firefox closes" in Firefox 102+ honors exceptions and keeps cookies with an allow exception, previous versions removed all cookies
Make sure to keep the ""Site settings"".
- clearing "Site settings" clears exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, and software installation and exceptions for passwords and other website specific data
- Settings -> Privacy & Security
Cookies and Site Data: "Manage Exceptions"
- Settings -> Privacy & Security
Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history":
[X] "Clear history when Firefox closes" -> Settings
No, I've tried all suggestions offered online including clearing cookies (of course, this is the first option), reinstalling Firefox, changing settings in config, removing apps and so on. Nothing helps since the updated Firefox was installed.
Did you check the settings in "Clear history when Firefox closes" like I posted above as that prevails over "Delete cookies and site data when Firefox is closed" since using "Clear history when Firefox closes" to clear the cookies keeps cookies with an allow exception assuming you keep the "Site settings" ?
Re: #3 - Have you considered creating Profiles for different activities? You can set up each with relevant extensions and settings and reduce "resource hogging"
Create, remove or switch Firefox profiles https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profile-manager-create-remove-switch-firefox-profiles