This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Firefox won't remember password for a site I visit several tiimes everyday
Hi, I am experiencing an issue whenever I log into my Uni website. I am using 17.0. I have to update my Uni password every 3 months and in the past, Firefox would ask me if I wish to update the new password into its records every time I changed. Whenever I would click on the bookmarked Uni link my Uni ID number and password would appear as the page loaded and I could simply login by right clicking the Login link.
This worked well for a while and then stopped working and I can’t for the life of me think of what changes would have been made. I have scoured the support website looking at solutions and none have worked so far. I have checked Exceptions in the security tab to make sure that the site is not being blocked and that is all clear.
Not sure of what to do next…
All Replies (1)
Make sure that you do not run Firefox in (permanent) Private Browsing mode.
- Tools > Options > Privacy: Use custom settings for history
- Deselect: [ ] "Always use private browsing mode"
The website may be using autocomplete=off to prevent Firefox from saving and filling the name and password.
You can remove autocomplete=off with a bookmarklet to make Firefox save the name and password.
Use these steps to remove saved (form) data from a drop down list:
- Click the (empty) input field on the web page to open the drop down list
- Highlight an entry in the drop down list
- Press the Delete key (on Mac: Shift+Delete) to remove it.
You can check if there are entries in the password manager with an empty user name.
Remove saved Password(s):
- Tools > Options > Security: Passwords: "Saved Passwords" > "Show Passwords"