I need to silently upgrade from 3.5 to 7 but get an error message after 7 install. Platform version 7.0 is not compatible with minVersion >= 1.9.1
I'm trying to silently upgrade my environment to FF 7. I've gotten the silent install working great, it puts in my Proxy Server info, reassigns the home page and all that. But, the last version we pushed out was FF 3.5. If a user had that on their PC and they run the FF7 install, they get weird messages when clicking on the icon. XULRunner: Error: Platform version '7.0' is not compatible with minVersion >= 1.9.1 maxVersion <=1.9.1
Another message they get is: AutoConfigAlert: Netscape.cfg/AutoConfig failed. Error: pref failed: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED) [nsIPrefBranch.setBoolPref]" nsresult: "0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED)" location: "JS frame :: prefcalls.js :: pref :: line 70" data: no]
This is on Windows XP
Détails additionnels sur le système
Ceci est arrivé
Chaque fois que Firefox s'ouvre
Cela a commencé quand…
after silently installing FF 7
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Novell iPrint Scriptable Plug-in provides functions for the iPrint Map Designer
- iPrint Plug-in 1.0.0 - Provides iPrint client services for Windows
- Novell ZENworks Remote Management Viewer and Listener Launcher
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Agent utilisateur : Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:7.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0
At first the AutoConfig Alert message shows, then clicking Ok opens FF. Then after closing and trying to reopen, the XULRunner error appears and does not open FF.
If you use ZoneAlarm Extreme Security then try to disable Virtualization.
Auteur de la question
We do not use ZoneAlarm in our environment.
Do you have other virtualization or security software that might protect .ini and possibly other files in the Firefox program folder (C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\) and prevent Firefox from updating them properly?
You need to do a clean reinstall.
Download a fresh Firefox copy and save the file to the desktop.
- Firefox 7.0.x: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html
- Uninstall your current Firefox version.
- Do not remove personal data when you uninstall the current version or you lose your bookmarks and other data in the profile folder.
Remove the Firefox program folder before installing that newly downloaded copy of the Firefox installer.
- It is important to delete the Firefox program folder to remove all the files and make sure that there are no problems with files that were leftover after uninstalling.
Your bookmarks and other profile data are stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder and won't be affected by a reinstall, but make sure that you do not select to remove personal data if you uninstall Firefox.
Auteur de la question
I have found where the issue comes from. If we have a previously installed copy of FF, Version 3.5 the new install has issues disabling the first run Welcome to Version X.x tab modifying the mozilla.cfg file. //disable first run Welcome to Version X.x tab pref("browser.startup.homepage_override.mstone", false);
If I comment this line things work perfectly.
On a clean install of FF 7, with no previously installed versions, I can leave this line in and the Welcome tab does not show and all is well.
So, I have my FF 7 install check for previous versions, if found it c0mments this line out, if not it does not comment the line out.
You should use the String value "ignore" with quotes instead of false to disable that.
Auteur de la question
Using 'ignore' the Welcome to X.x tab still appeared. Using false, it doesn't.
Auteur de la question
Here is what I ended up scripting:
1. Uninstall old version of Firefox - set to continue on failure 2. Create 'zcm_installers' folder 3. Create 'Firefox' folder inside above folder to hold configuration/installation files 4. If a previous version of FF had been installed, the 'Mozilla Firefox' folder will be left on the computer after the uninstall. a. If so, create a folder in 'Firefox' folder called 'No Start Override' b. Copy correct mozilla.cfg configuration file into this folder. (This configuration file is set to allow the first run Welcome tab. Errors appeared if a user had previous version of FF installed then used our modified mozilla.cfg file which prevented the first run Welcome tab) 5. Delete old 'Mozilla Firefox' folder - set to continue on failure 6. If no previous version of FF had been installed, create a folder in 'Firefox' folder called 'Override' (No previous version is verified by PC not having "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\mozilla.cfg") a. Copy correct mozilla.cfg configuration file into this folder, 'Override'. (This configuration file is set to prevent the first run Welcome tab.) 7. Launch Firefox 7 installation 8. Run script - install.cmd (places correct configuration files in correct locations) INSTALL.CMD REM This script will: REM REM + Disables the 'Automatically check for updates' option REM + Disables the 'Always check to see if Firefox is the default browser on startup' option REM + Changes the download option 'Always ask me where to save files' to enabled REM + Works for Windows XP / 7 32-bit and 64-bit REM . REM======================================================================================== echo Installing Firefox - Please Wait. echo Window will close after install is complete REM Install Firefox 7.0 - ZCM will handle the installation REM "Firefox Setup 7.0.exe" -ms REM Install 32-bit customizations if exist "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\" copy /Y "C:\zcm_installers\Firefox\override.ini" "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\" if exist "C:\zcm_installers\Firefox\Override" copy /Y "C:\zcm_installers\Firefox\Override\mozilla.cfg" "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\" if exist "C:\zcm_installers\Firefox\NoOverride" copy /Y "C:\zcm_installers\Firefox\NoOverride\mozilla.cfg" "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\" if exist "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\" copy /Y "C:\zcm_installers\Firefox\local-settings.js" "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\pref" REM Install 64-bit customizations if exist "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\" copy /Y "C:\zcm_installers\Firefox\override.ini" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\" if exist "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\" copy /Y "C:\zcm_installers\Firefox\mozilla.cfg" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\" if exist "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\" copy /Y "C:\zcm_installers\Firefox\local-settings.js" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\pref" REM Removes Firefox Desktop Icon - Windows XP if exist "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\Mozilla Firefox.lnk" del "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\Mozilla Firefox.lnk" /S REM Removes Firefox Desktop Icon - Windows 7 if exist "C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Mozilla Firefox.lnk" del "C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Mozilla Firefox.lnk"
Modifié le par cor-el