Can I get links to automatically open in a new tab just by clicking on them?
I've selected the option to: "Open new windows in new tab instead" from the options menu. For some time this seemed to open any link I clicked on in a new tab. For some reason this feature is no longer working and new links clicked on simply overwrites the current tab with the new page. I liked the feature of having links open automatically in new tabs. The option remains selected but it does not seem to be working.
Every time Firefox opened
Détails additionnels sur le système
- -Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 102
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Picasa plugin
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0_07 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Agent utilisateur : Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 GTB7.0
Standard Firefox behavior is left-click will open a link or bookmark in the currently selected tab, over-writing whatever is in that tab. The definition for the option "Open new windows in a new tab instead" is:
Open new windows in a new tab instead: This option preference controls whether ~~red:links from other applications~~ ~~blue:or from web pages which request to open them in new windows~~ are opened in a new window or a new tab in the most recent window.
A middle-click on a link or bookmark will open in a new tab (middle-click = press the scroll wheel). Ctrl+left-click will also open a link or bookmark in a new tab.
Other Issues: to correct security/stability issues
Update Java: your ver. 1.6.0.07; current ver. 220.127.116.11 (important security update 04-15-2010) (Firefox 3.6 and above requires Java 18.104.22.168 and above; see: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Java-related+issues#Java_does_not_work_in_Firefox_3_6 ) (Windows users: Do the manual update; very easy.) See: Updating Java Do the update with Firefox closed.
I have done exactly what it says in the instruction. The box Open new tabs instead of new windows is checked. See the enclosed screenshot-
It still persists in overriding the old window instead.
This is extremely irritating! I know I can open in a new tab by rightclicking, but I don't want to have to do that, I want it to be automatic.
Especiallay when the box that is supposed to make it is checked. It obviously doesn't work as intended
When you posted a reply to this thread recently, you were replying to a question that was asked and answered over two years ago.
This thread was locked because of a new feature just added to the Support Forum, that automatically locks a thread if it was originally created over 180 days in the past.
If you need help with Firefox you should ask a new question. You can use this link as a starting point: https://support.mozilla.org/questions/new