Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings
- Click the menu button and then click help .
- From the
menu choose .
- If you're unable to access themenu, type about:support in your address bar to bring up the Troubleshooting Information page.
- Click the
- To continue, click in the confirmation window that opens.
- Firefox will close to refresh itself. When finished, a window will list your imported information. Click and Firefox will open.
What does the refresh feature do?
All of your Firefox settings and personal information are stored in a profile folder. The refresh feature works by creating a new profile folder for you while saving your important data.
Add-ons which are normally stored inside the Firefox profile folder, such as extensions and themes, will be removed. Add-ons stored in other locations, such as plugins, will not be removed but any modified preferences (such as plugins you have disabled) will be reset.
Firefox will save these items:
- Browsing and download history
- Open windows, tab groups and tabs
- Web form auto-fill information
- Personal dictionary
These items and settings will be removed:
- Extensions and themes, website permissions, modified preferences, added search engines, DOM storage, security certificate and device settings, download actions, plugin settings, toolbar customizations, user styles and social features will be removed.