Toto vlákno bylo archivováno. Pokud potřebujete pomoci, založte prosím nový dotaz.
Why firefox wont run after PC reboot (ive un and re installed deleted folders) runs on first install, doesnt run after reboot (win 7 64)
Since a windows update in march, firefox doesn't work - i.e. wont run. I´ve uninstalled and reinstalled deleting all registry in between and firefox does run after initial install but after pc reboot it wont run again. Have to repeat the un-reinstall process every time I want to use firefox. PLEASE SAVE ME FORM IE AND CHROME!!!
Všechny odpovědi (9)
hello, are there any crash reports generated - this is how you can find out:
Please perform the following steps to give us a crash report ID that helps us find out more about the cause of the crash.
- Press the following shortcut to get a Run window: [Windows] + [R]. This should bring up a window that contains a text field.
- In that text field, enter %APPDATA% and press Enter. An explorer window should open.
- From that explorer window, double-click on the Mozilla folder, then double-click on Firefox and then on Crash reports. Double-click on submitted.
- Now, you should see a list of files that contain reports. Go to View > Arrange Icons by > Modified to get the most recent files at the top of the window.
- Open the most recent 5 files with a text editor and copy the IDs.
- Paste each ID with bp- into the reply window on the forums.
in addition, is it possible to launch firefox into safemode by pressing the shift key while it is launching? if so you might be able to solve the issue by going to firefox > options > advanced > general and disable hardware acceleration.
finally in case the above doesn't work, please run a full scan of your system with the security software already in place and different tools like the free version of malwarebytes, microsoft safety scanner & kaspersky security scan.
Thanks for the reply Philipp, saddly I had already uninstalled, deleted ALL folders and reinstalled. Ill take note of your observation and next time it crashes I will submit the report (likely to fail within 48 hours)
Which security software (firewall, anti-virus) do you have?
A possible cause is security software (firewall,anti-virus) that blocks or restricts Firefox or the plugin-container process without informing you, possibly after detecting changes (update) to the Firefox program.
Remove all rules for Firefox and the plugin-container from the permissions list in the firewall and let your firewall ask again for permission to get full unrestricted access to internet for Firefox and the plugin-container process and the updater process.
Running ESET smart security 6 64bit PC: lenovo E430 windows 7 pro
Sorry, clicked post before finishing. I already tried turning ALL security settings off... no luck
Try to boot the computer in Windows Safe Mode with network support (press F8 on the boot screen) as a test to see if that helps.
Rebooted in safe mode, no luck. As expected this morning the program wouldn't start (I get the grayed out screen saying "not responding" in the tab. Did the crash report thing as suggested, no submitted files, all I get is a file called "InstallTime20130409194949" and inside it the only text is "1367872870". Cant open or close firefox, cant uninstall until I reboot. I can not begin to say how much I dislike IE
Any additional suggestions/advice? Im about to loose it, cant stand IE
Did you do a clean reinstall and deleted the Firefox program folder
- (32 bit Windows) "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\"
- (64 bit Windows) "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\"
Can you start Firefox in Safe Mode?
You can use one of these to start Firefox in Safe Mode:
- On Windows, hold down the Shift key while starting Firefox with a double-click on the Firefox desktop shortcut
- On Mac, hold down the Options key while starting Firefox
- Help > Restart with Add-ons Disabled
Try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.
- Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
Please scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner:
- Windows Defender: Home Page:
- Spybot Search & Destroy:
- Kasperky Free Security Scan:
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked