1. I had firefox in a 64bit win7 proff with relatively high specs desktop forever. Last week it started showing update notification every time i restart firefox and I ch… (read more)
1. I had firefox in a 64bit win7 proff with relatively high specs desktop forever. Last week it started showing update notification every time i restart firefox and I choose to "remind me later" or something like that (I made the settings so that it won't auto install).
2. During that week i did restart firefox and the computer and everything was normal untill yesterday when I did something normal but I rarely do, that is i turned of the computer for more than a minute and then turned it back on. Then firefox started having trouble loading certain webpages. Things like youtube, google maps, google search, bing home page, were flawless, while things like some businesses (i remember craigslist and goodwill) and some famous podcast webpages and my wifi controlled devices struggle (take too long, then message that they were taking too long, but never show up)
3. I first "refreshed" my firefox, then reinstalled it, then when it wasn't fixed deleted the whole thing and tried installing a fresh downloaded version (I think it was 83). The downloaded installer tells me that i already had firefox and if i wish to reinstall it and after that it takes a long time to throw a message at me that starts with ("hmmmm" for "some" reason unknown reason, the installation failed to work) or very similar wording.
4. The only browser left in the computer is the microsoft one that comes with the computer and it does open the modzilla website but refuses to download the installed (obviously) so i have to download it from a windows tablet and transfer it to this computer.
any advice/insight is very much welcome