How do I make Firefox open hotmail or windows live mail when I click on an email address link (instead of starting outlook)
In explorer (hate it!) it is easy to go to INTERNET OPTIONS/PROGRAMS TAB and change how you want email to be handled. How is it done in Firefox?
Not sure how often
== I looked for the setting
Dettagli aggiuntivi sul sistema
- Default Plug-in
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20100625 Firefox/3.6.6 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Right. Managed to get it working. Click on Tools, Options and then go to Applications. Work down the list until you get to "mailto" and change it to your prefered default, of which mine is Windows Live Mail. Tried it by clicking on a link and it seems to be working.
For some stupid reason it also opens a new tab but then it opens Live Mail for me.
I should add I'm on 3.6.8 if that makes any difference. (?)
Modificato da scooter91170 il
When I click onto an email reply address in a Firefox page, it selects Windows Live Mail. I am not actually using Live Mail (even though my user screen is labelled as such), but Windows Live Hotmail, as identified on my email screen that displays. Sending an email then fails at my server, and my personal contacts' list is empty. When I click on the icon Windows Live mail, the following displays: https://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=wsignin1.0&rpsnv=11&ct=1292000563&rver=6.1.6206.0&wp=MBI&wreply=http:%2F%2Fdu104w.dub104.mail.live.com%2Fdefault.aspx%3Frru%3Dinbox&lc=3082&id=64855&mkt=es-es&cbcxt=mai&snsc=1 When I enter my ID and password, the id changes to: http://du104w.dub104.mail.live.com/default.aspx?rru=inbox&wa=wsignin1.0 but it is labelled HOTMAIL.