For the past 6 days I cannot see some icons on facebook on my laptop computer. I can see them fine on my desktop computer.
Curious to see if anyone else was having this issue. thanks.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.15.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.02
- Google Update
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1247
- Winamp Application Detector
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1990
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
If images are missing then check that you aren't blocking images from some domains.
- Check the permissions for the domain in the current tab in "Tools > Page Info > Permissions"
- Check that images are enabled: Tools > Options > Content: [X] Load images automatically
- Check the exceptions in "Tools > Options > Content: Load Images > Exceptions"
- Check the "Tools > Page Info > Media" tab for blocked images (scroll through all the images with the cursor Down key).
If an image in the list is grayed and there is a check-mark in the box "Block Images from..." then remove that mark to unblock the images from that domain.
Make sure that you do not block third-party images, the permissions.default.image pref should be 1.
There are also extensions like Adblock Plus (Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) and security software (firewall, anti-virus) that can block images and other content.