I do not want my password to appear at login when connecting to facebook. it only does it with firefox, not when login in with internet explorer
every time I login to facebook, my password shows up in x's and lets me go right into fb. anyone who knows my email can just login. it does not happen when i use internet explorer. i have changed my password when logging on with firefox and it keeps showing x's. it does not matter what computer i am on. i have the box unchecked to not keep me logged in. what can i do so i have to type my password in at login and so password does not automatically appear.
hello meliaz8590, use the firefox password manager to remove any passwords that got saved for the site - Password manager - Remember, delete and change saved passwords in FirefoxGo to answer 2
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Recipe Hub Installer Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.3"
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- CouponNetwork Coupon Activator
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1245
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 126.96.36.199
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
hello meliaz8590, use the firefox password manager to remove any passwords that got saved for the site - Password manager - Remember, delete and change saved passwords in Firefox
There are a few different ways a login form could get filled in.
(1) Saved Passwords feature
You can clear a saved login in the Options dialog here:
orange Firefox button or classic Tools menu > Options > Security > "Saved Passwords" button
Alternately, when you're on the login page itself, you can get to that dialog using
Page Info > Security "View Saved Passwords"
Page Info is available from the Tools menu or the right-click menu.
(2) Form history feature
You can turn this off on the following tab if you do not want to use this feature:
orange Firefox button or classic Tools menu > Options > Privacy
When you have Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history" there is a checkbox for "Remember search and form history"
To delete specific entries, usually you can click in the field and all history for that field will appear in a drop-down. Arrow down and use Shift+Delete to remove those entries. I don't know whether there is a way to mark that form field NOT to be saved.
(3) Add-on or external password manager or form filler
If you have an add-on, it usually will show up under your Extensions, where you often can find an Options button:
orange Firefox button or classic Tools menu > Add-ons > Extensions category