firefox redirecting to a diffrent domain name (domain hijacking), this is only happening for firefox, all the other browsers go to the correct website.
We have a domain name www.xxxxxxxx.com. When some of the users in our office try to access the site using firefox the website is redirected to a different website all together www.yyyyyyyy.com. the URL is correct but the website shown is wrong. On the same device using other browsers (chrome, IE) the website opens normally. So i am assuming this is not device level issue but at the browser issue. I have screenshots for the same. the issue is not happening on my device but on the other devices in our organisation.
Modified by sattu
Additional System Details
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Version 126.96.36.19976
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.3"
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.5.1 for Mozilla browsers
- Picasa plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!