How does Firefox 18.x store cooies on my Windows PC?
Firefox 18 does not seem to use the SQLite database anymore. Where does it store the cookie information and what schema is used if any?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.3"
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_38 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Pando Web Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
this seems to be not entirely true, at least for FF 18 on linux.
Yes the file still exists, but changes in cookies.sqlite seem to be not reflected in FF.
You can remove cookies out of cookies.sqlite, but they still exist in FF. On the other side you can remove cookies in FF, but they still exist in cookies.sqlite.
I try to delete some cookies from the cmdline, so I do not have to open the preferences, individual cookies, and search for them all the time.
I do NOT want to to remove all cookies.
Perhaps it has to do with the journal-files??