Need Java 7,11 Activated
I NEED Java for my job, I have no choice. Since Apple's Java update early last year which messed everything up I've had to use Firefox.
I have the most current update according to Oracle, Java 7, Update 11. I was working this morning just fine and then all of the sudden Firefox tells me it's unsafe and presents a box to Activate or not. I clicked Activate. Nope. I go to the Add-ons Manger which tells me my plug in is known to be vulnerable. Nothing I do will allow me to activate Java in Firefox.
Dear Mozilla folks, for this work I use a Mac that has nothing else on it. If it get's hacked, I'll restore it and start over, I'll take responsibility for that. There are no further updates I can apply and I surely cannot wait until Oracle decides to patch it again. Come on!
Additional System Details
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- AmazonMP3DownloaderPlugin 1.0.15
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Firefox 18.0 (Firefox is up to date)
Java 7 Update 11
Mac OS 10.8.2
You can add a trusted site so you don't have to click the Activate button. How to always activate a plugin for a trusted website
Please see How to enable Java if it's been blocked