how to see deleted history?
i have deleted some browsing history how can I see that? And if I want to undo that deletion can I do so?
in Command prompt/ dos if we enter any specific command, then can the deleted history and hidden folders be visible?Go to answer 3
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- Google Update
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Not unless you made a backup before deleting it....
in Command prompt/ dos if we enter any specific command, then can the deleted history and hidden folders be visible?
No, Firefox stores the history in a places.sqlite database file and if you delete data then that gets removed from the file.
If you haven't closed Firefox then you can try to use Organize > Undo (Ctrl+Z) if you by deleted something by accident. Otherwise you can consider your data as lost unless you have a backup copy of places.sqlite.
You can use this button to go to the Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder
Tragically, yes these answers are(n't) helpful. But I did (re)learn a valuable lesson. !pu kcaB
An 'Are you sure?' nag screen might be helpful here; my machine hiccuped at the moment I was deleting ONE, and poof---all gone bye-bye...