TiddlyWiki cannot save using Firefox 16.1. Saving changes was not a problem before I upgraded to 16.1 on 10/20/2012.
I just upgraded Firefox on 10/20/2012 on two different Windows OS: Vista (service pack ??) and Windows XP service pack 5.1. I also write TiddlyWiki's. However, when clicking "save changes", I now get this note:
"It's not possible to save changes. Possible reasons include: - your browser doesn't support saving (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari and Opera all work if properly configured) - the pathname to your TiddlyWiki file contains illegal characters - the TiddlyWiki HTML file has been moved or renamed"
I didn't have to do anything to configure the earlier version of Firefox. What do I have to do now ... or is there a bug in 16.1? Thanks for your help.
Chosen solutionby dway
Just install this great extension : https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tiddlyfox/Read this answer in context 7
Additional System Details
personal Tiddlywiki site.
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
Please see this. The TiddlyWiki Browser Compatibility section provides the workarounds.
Just install this great extension : https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tiddlyfox/