How do I get rid of the unwanted icons across the bookmark toolbar in Firefox 4?
I have a number of bookmarks across the bookmark toolbar. Most of them fit in Firefox 3 but now Firefox 4 has stuck in unwanted icons resulting in most of my bookmarks not displaying! I don’t want the icons! I want to see my bookmarks! How do I get rid of the unwanted icons? Also, I used to be able to access additional toolbar bookmarks (which wouldn't fit across the toolbar) by clicking on the right side. How all I can get is ALL bookmarks and I can't get to the additional ones! I waited for 40 minutes in live chat only to be dismissed with a no answer available, try elsewhere response.
Chosen solutionby TonyE
You can do that with the Bookmarks Deiconizer extension - https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/bookmarks-deiconizerRead this answer in context 5
Additional System Details
- npmnqmp 071706000001
- Yahoo! Installer Plug-in provides application installation support
- Garmin Communicator Plug-in Version 126.96.36.199
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealPlayer Plugin
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
You can do that with the Bookmarks Deiconizer extension - https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/bookmarks-deiconizer
THANK YOU! I was about to dump Firefox which I had always preferred to Safari. I wish I had been able to find the "deiconizer" myself, but that name just never occurred to me.
What is wrong with the chat window... I can't even get it to open. I want the previous version of Firefox back. I dont' like the 4.0, my AT&T toolbar will not load and the Yahoo one will not work...