Firefox google search in address bar
Hey. Before I had this problem I would just put a word in the firefox address bar for popular pages such as facebook and it will go directly to facebook or I search there and it goes to google search results. Lately, when I put in the address bar such as 'google', it doesn't go to google or the search page. Instead it just goes to a blank page with http://google/ in the bar.
Yes, I have looked into the about:config and made sure everything is resetted the way it was. I have this:http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&q=
yet, it's still not redirecting my searches in the firefox bar. I'm using 3.6.10 btw..
Additional System Details
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 188.8.131.52
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_18 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10
Is the pref keyword.enabled also set to true?
keyword.enabled - see http://kb.mozillazine.org/keyword.enabled browser.fixup.alternate.enabled - see http://kb.mozillazine.org/About%3Aconfig_entries#Browser.
Yes. But that wasn't the problem.
For some reason firefox was using a proxy, so I just setted to no proxy and everything was back to normal.
I believe i had a virus or something.
I had the same problem. Here's the solution:
- Type about:config into your address bar.
- In the small filter box, type keyword.URL.
- Right click "keyword.URL" and click “Modify”. Copy and paste this into the popup box: http://www.google.com/search?btnG=Google+Search&q=
- Restart Firefox. This will cause the address bar to do a Google search again.