Everytime I open a new tab, it is a blank search page (Bing)..how do i change it ?
When starting Firefox my set homepage shows up, but everytime I open a new tab it goes to a blank search page automatically. How do I change it so my homepage will show every time a tab is opened?
Additional System Details
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C) PBSTB/1.2
I'm using Firefox 3.6.10 When I opened a new tab, Bing search showed up. When I start up Firefox for the first time, Google remained my home page. I went to Tools, Add-Ons where I found a Search Toolbar that was powered by Bing. After I disabled it, new tabs opened up blank. I downloaded Google Toolbar and now my new tabs are Google again.
It works any kind of add-on/extension that is effecting your "New Tab", opening page. Just go to Tools, then Add-Ons, like stated by kimi2010. You have to find the extension that is effecting your "New Tab". In my case, the "New Tab" was Yahoo's homepage, and the extension was Freeze.com Net Assistant,..
Had the same problem. Didn't want to install more addons.Looked for "search" or "Bing" addon, nothing there. Uninstalled Bing Helper which I didn't use anyways, no change. I disabled some addons one by one and opened another tab to check. Lo and Behold it was the PDF Lite update that I recently installed.
Modified by MrPerlishells
If you have the 'Tab Mix Plus' Add-on installed then you can:
1. Go to: Options > Tabs > Tab Mix Plus Options
2. Then go to: Events > New Tabs
3. The top option should should say: 'Load on new tabs:' then have a drop-down menu.
4. Open up the menu and select the 'Home page' option
5. Click 'Apply' and then 'OK'
Please mark "Solved" one answer that will best help others with a similar problem -- hope this was it
Modified by strongwind
No longer works with FF 6.0.2
The tabs are meant to open blank. I don't know of a way to open each tab with a homepage. I would be interested to find out if there is a way with ff.6
You can look at this extension (already mentioned above) to set which page to open in a new tab:
This can be done very easily. Just Install the FEATURED addon - My Homepage. You can get it here:
Hope this helps. Thanks!