- Okugcinwe kunqolobane
What are the intended uses for: media.volume_scale, media.default_volume, media.hardwaremediakeys.enabled ?
I am not sure this is the right forum to be asking all of the questions below but .. I am starting here and will be guided by your feedback if only some questions can be … (funda kabanzi)
I am not sure this is the right forum to be asking all of the questions below but .. I am starting here and will be guided by your feedback if only some questions can be answered here.
All my questions pertain to Firefox Nightly on Android. 101.0a1 (Build #2015874793) It is my hope that the Q&A might help other users of Firefox Nightly on Android.
- (generic) Where will I find discussion of or documentation (specifications, user manual, usage notes, self-documenting source code, etc.) for the various Firefox settings accessible via about:config ?
- (specific) What is the intended use scenario for the media.volume_scale setting?
- (specific) What is the intended use scenario for the media.default_volume setting?
- (specific) What is the intended use scenario for the media.hardwaremediakeys.enabled setting?
- (generic) Is it reasonable to expect that a browser be able to determine either the RMS or Peak loudness of the src for a media element and mute (i.e. set ~.volume=0) if that loudness is above some user specified level? For example:
- Might there be metadata within the file header that describes loudness just as there is metadata that describes duration?
- Might parsing just the first 3-5 seconds of the file be sufficiently manageable to estimate loudness without grossly impacting page load-time or grossly taxing the CPU?
- Might the default action be to set ~.volume=0 until such time as the browser has parsed the entire src to determine actual RMS loudness .. and only then restore ~.volume to user-prescribed maximum permitted volume iff RMS loudness is below a user prescribed threshold? (the bigger the file the longer that media is muted before it can be potentially unmuted!)
Thank you, in advance, for any time you spend responding to my questions. I am especially appreciative of links that I can follow to find answers for myself rather than being spoon-fed answers on a specific case by case basis.