I'm at my wits end. I am not a computer person, so a lot of the explanations on the help pages make little sense to me. I spent hours this weekend trying to figure this s… (funda kabanzi)
I'm at my wits end. I am not a computer person, so a lot of the explanations on the help pages make little sense to me. I spent hours this weekend trying to figure this stuff out to no avail. I'm guessing my firefox version updated sometime in the last week on my iphone because all of the sudden all my settings are messed up.
Firefox no longer opens to my homepage (even when I identify a homepage url for it to open). It no longer closes windows when I quit the browser, in fact it leaves several windows open forever until I manually close them. This is why I left safari, when I close the application I'm done. I don't want to start at the last website I was on or leave windows open. Firefox now appears to turn every website I visit into a shortcut! And to top it off there is no easy way to turn any of these "features" off.
Apparently if I tap and hold the "Firefox Daylight 38.1 (6216)" five times there is a list of settings that can be adjusted (. . . why would you hide settings like this)? But these setting make no sense.
"Debug: Toggle Start at Home: OFF"
Does "on" mean "on" or "off"? Because I appear to get the opposite results of what the standard definition of these words normally suggest on some of the settings, but the normal meaning on others.
All I want is for firefox to:
1) open on my homepage (or any consistent page at this point) every time I open it.
2) quit leaving windows open when I close the app.
3) quit going to the last page I visited on the internet next time I open the browser
4) quit creating a shortcut for every site I go to on the internet
5) it would be nice if it would clear my history without me having to manually do it every time, but I don't want to get greedy.
Basically, I want whatever version was on my phone last week that worked.