Hi. I use Flash Player primarily for games (on Kongregate, Armor, etc...). When Flash version 30 released, the graphics on high-content games are not loading properly. … (funda kabanzi)
Hi. I use Flash Player primarily for games (on Kongregate, Armor, etc...). When Flash version 30 released, the graphics on high-content games are not loading properly. The problem is still there with Flash version 31.
When the game opens, it hangs repeatedly trying to find the server to load the graphics. Opening any new screen that needs additional graphics causes the game to time out as well. This problem is unique to Firefox. I've played these games on Opera with the most current version of Flash and it runs properly (albeit the performance is not as good as on [pre-Flash v30] Firefox).
Here is what I've tried so far:
1. enabling/disabling all extensions other than Flash (both individually and as a group)
2. disabling the "block dangerous content" option on the add-on page and disabling the Flash protected mode (each individually and then together)
3. increasing/decreasing the allowable stored data on the Flash Global settings tab
4. adjusting the sandbox settings in Firefox (lowering from [default] 5 to 4, then to 3)
5. turning on/off hardware acceleration
6. disabling accessibility services
7. adding the website hosting the game to the "exceptions" list to always allow cookies to be stored (which somehow gets erased every time I close Firefox)
8. changing the dom.ipc.plugins.asyncdrawing.enabled setting to true/false
None of these have corrected the issue with the graphics not loading. They are now back at their original settings.
Ghostery, uBlock Origin, and Exif Viewer are the only add-ons that I run which would possibly interfere with loading content. Turning those on/off did not resolve the problem.
The problem persists both on the current PC I am using (Windows 7 running 32-bit Firefox) and my other PC (Windows 10 running 64-bit Firefox).
Would appreciate any help getting this fixed, as I would prefer to keep Firefox as my primary browser for these games. Thanks!