Hi there, I'm using Firefox for Android, and I have issue where videos will not start after some time. Here's my original report/review on the PlayStore: Videos tend to f… (funda kabanzi)
Hi there, I'm using Firefox for Android, and I have issue where videos will not start after some time. Here's my original report/review on the PlayStore: Videos tend to freeze after a few hours of not using the app. After I start using the app again, video won't resume, nor play in another tab. I have to go through options to kill the app, and launch it again.
- Open YouTube or Twitter
- Play some videos
- Switch to some other app
- Wait for couple of hours (Yeah, i know)
- Return to Firefox and try to play any video
- Observe that video will not start, only the video player's UI gets visible
- Phone model: Pixel 6
- Bulleted list itemOS: Android 14, and I've had this issue on 12 and 13 as well
- App: Firefox for Android, and I'm having the same issue on Nightly as well
- App version: The latest (119.1.1), and I've had this issue for at least a year. I started using firefox for watching YouTube since the extensions were available on Nightly version under some settings and special extensions lists.
- Extensions: uBlock Origin and Video Background Play Fix