Set up Sync Setting between Server and Client
System 1: Windows 8 64 - bit System 2: Windows 7 64 - bit Firefox Version: 29.0 (on both)
SCENARIO: I installed firefox on system 1 and imported all bookmarks from IE. Then I set up sync. Next I installed Firefox on System 2 and set up sync and it asked me to select one of three following options: (PS: not the exact phrases) Merge Server and Client BOokmarks Use Client Use Server
I selected Use Server as I didn't have any bookmarks on System 2; I got the bookmarks.
PROBLEM: Now when I add a bookmark on System2 and let it sync, it is not reflected in my System 1 and vice versa.
What do I do to achieve this?
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.55.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 13.0 r0
- Google Update
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.0
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/29.0
Hi V A Thomas, Can you check to make sure that both systems are on the same version of sync? The second one sounds like the old sync where the options to merge or use server are there.
On the new version of sync the device does not have to be paired. Check this article to see if the screenshots are the same for both systems Sync your Firefox bookmarks, history, passwords and more
If I am wrong, not a problem we can take a look at the sync logs that are stored in about:sync-log.
If you have any other questions, we are happy to help.
Okulungisiwe ngu guigs
Doesn't it come with the FireFox itself ? I upgraded to the latest version of FireFox 29.0 on both the PCs.
However, the problem has been resolved automatically, and I don't know how. But still I want to know how to change that setting (the one with 3 options). How do I do that ?
HI V A Thomas, Thank you for your update. It did come with Firefox, but to activate it a new account would have to be made on the new Sync Servers.
As for the settings with three options, I am not exactly sure what this is, but there are options to select certain parts of the profile you can sync. This is in the Manage menu under Options > Sync.