Trying to customize FF28 to opera-like style
I have always used Opera <12, so I can't get accustomed to FF28 and of course FF29, so I am trying to customize it. It takes me a whole day, but I haven't found that I need yet. Can you help me?
I need these features (like in Opera <12):
1) Auto complete text in address bar with google (or some other search systems). I tried some addons for that, but some of them works well, but they disable all of my keywords search from bookmarks (I have a lot of them), some of them don't disable keywords, but google search suggestions have more priority then keywords, so I need to use arrows or mouse for search with bookmarks-keywords, and e.t.c. Have you some addon for this function?
2) Is there any addon to collapse tabs into one like in Opera? I have tried some Tree-like tabs, but it is not one I am looking for. As alternative, I would use groups of tabs, but its default FF service is disgusting. I don't even know how much groups I have without push ctrl+shift+e... There is some "TabGroups Manager". It is good plugin for me, but its programmer drops it, as I can see in reviews.
3) How can I setup hotkeys? For example, there is key ctrl+` to open next groups of tabs, but then I set russian layout it doesn't work...
Also I want to disable ctrl+left click on link, and change key ALT to edit link, because I use it in other program.
4) Is there any plugins which makes hotkey to open last viewed tab, not go to next/prev tab? "Tab Mix Plus" plugin has such option for ctrl+tab hotkey, but if I use this, I haven't any got hotkeys to go next/prev tabs.
5) Is there any FF settings file or something else for blocking some images, sites, or subdomain forever (like sys-file "hosts" in windows guess)? For some reason I need to block some images on some sites, which I don't want to see. In Opera there is file "url-filter.ini".
And some additional question, which maybe isn't relative to plugins, or, maybe, even browser:
6) Is there any program, addon, plugin to get/automically make dump of all installed plugins, changed "config:about" settings, login+passwords filling and e.t.c (really all of browser settings).
Okulungisiwe ngu nexen
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.55.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 13.0 r0
- Google Update
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.3
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- Unity Player 4.1.2f1
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.0
- Download Master click monitoring plug-in
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/28.0
Just an FYI, please update to Firefox 29, 28 is no longer supported or secure.
For #5, if you view the Page Info dialog for any page, Media tab, you can set a block on any source of images in the page.
To open the dialog, either:
- right-click > View Page Info > Media
- menu bar > Tools menu > Page Info > Media
- click the padlock or globe in the address bar > More Information > Media
Click in the list of images for a server you want to block, then check the box above the preview.
Some add-ons may streamline this process by adding a right-click context menu option to block the server directly in the page. (Firefox used to have this built in, but users often clicked it by accident when trying to do something else, so it was removed.)
For #6, some of this information can be found on these internal pages:
- about:support (modified preferences, extensions)
I think you will need an add-on to generate a report out on your saved logins.
5) It can't help me, because sometimes I need to block specified image, not a whole server at all.
6) Can I found this information on some folder in xml, txt, ini or other files to make fast dumps?
I know it, but FF29 has worse interface then FF28 for me, who used to use Opera for a long time. So I thought, there I can get some community help, without any official point like "not supported" :c
Okulungisiwe ngu nexen
On #5 there are some add-ons for blocking, but I don't know whether any block at the URL level instead of the host level.
On #6 some information is in prefs.js (parseable as text), but some information is in database files and I think would be difficult to extract.
Okulungisiwe ngu jscher2000
You should use the latest version, I know it's going to be more to get used to, but you can still customize it. Otherwise you are better off just using Opera, an out of date Firefox is the worst browser you can use.
6) Can I save all of settings of plugins, all of plugins name, settings of FF and passwords using FF synch tools? Or it saves only settings of browser?
As far as 6) - exactly what do you want to "save" and for what purpose?
There are a few add-ons that will "export" most if what you mentioned in your initial thread, so that you can "import" that data into a different Firefox installation. But as far a being able to view and "poke thru" that data, many of the files involved aren't really "human readable".
Plugins aren't "in" Firefox, they are a part of external programs along with most of the "settings" for each Plugin.
Extensions and Themes are saved in the Profile folder, along with all your user preferences. Basically anything you "add" to Firefox and anything you change about Firefox is in the Profile folder.
Profiles - Where Firefox stores your bookmarks, passwords and other user data
As far as "like Opera" features, see this AMO search for addons that have "like Opera" tags.
6) I weekly dump everything on my computer to external HDD, because for some reason my PC always break down, so I need it to restore all my OS with programs with early specified settings.
I tried to search "like Opera", but there are only few really "Opera-like" addons, which offer some needed functionality.
See this KB article - Back up and restore information in Firefox profiles