clicking x on customize tab removes tab but not customize
got new firefox 29. if I right mouse click and click "customize" on the right mouse button menu a new tab appears with the ability to customize the icons, address bar, etc.
If you click the [x] on the tab for the customize, the tab disappears but the customize page does not. it takes over the browser. clicking "exit customize" on the bottom right does nothing. You have to close the browser in order to get rid of the customize page... Assuming this isn't working as designed...
windows 7 64-bit, 6gb memory, 1920x1080 hd display, avg 2014...
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Shockwave Flash 13.0 r0
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.51.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.06
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 188.8.131.52
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- WinZip Courier Plugin for Mozilla Firefox
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 184.108.40.2065
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/29.0
Try using the Exit Customize green button at the bottom.
Hi - Thanks for the reply.. as I noted in my original issue "clicking "exit customize" on the bottom right does nothing. You have to close the browser in order to get rid of the customize page..."
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window.
You can check for problems with preferences.
Delete a possible user.js file and numbered prefs-##.js files and rename (or delete) the prefs.js file to reset all prefs to the default value including prefs set via user.js and prefs that are no longer supported in the current Firefox release.
You can check for problems caused by a corrupted localstore.rdf file.
Similar thread from yesterday, not yet solved: How can I exit the "Customize" screen after I have changed my layout? (works as designed in Safe Mode, but not in normal mode with extensions enabled)
I tried that, doesn't work. I have just done the reset Firefox thing now am trying to get my settings back....I'm sorry, but Cor-el's solutions are way too complicated for a novice like me, it was like reading Greek! I too am having to re-start the browser to get rid of the damn thing! Please, dear Edmeister, any chance of a step by step solution? I am using WIN XP PRO SP 3.O 32 bit I had been putting off doing the re-set for ages, as I knew I would have problems, (was reading all I could about it & letting my brain mull it over!) Otherwise I think I preferred the old version, & will re-set it back after I get a reply, if it's too complicated. Thanks dear Ed.... Kind regards SlimSylv
What kind of problems do you have that you need to reset Firefox?
It might be better to start a new thread to get full attention instead of using an existing thread.