Can I make Firefox ESR the default browser at install?
I have many users who have FF installed but don't have it set as default. I'm deploying the next release and wish to force set it be the install now. I'm not dealing with stubborn issues where it won't set, rather I need to automate at this stage.
Setting default after the fact is an option but still would need an automated approach.
I currently do use a custom mozilla.cfg but don't see a pref to set this; only to lock it out.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Shockwave Flash 13.0 r0
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.55.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.0
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0
I've escalated your question (which I read as how to deploy Firefox ESR to the users in your organization so that it automatically gets set as the default browser) to see if the Mozilla Helpdesk can get an answer for you. This may take up to 72 hours.
I think you can prompt it each time by default on start up.
Tools > Options > Advanced > General: System Defaults: "Always check to see if Firefox is the default browser on startup"
But that might become very annoying. So I will email the mailing list.