after clearing any unwanted add-ons and blocking pop ups, I still get page redirected and pop ups. how do I fix this?
I have used Firefox in the past and have never had this issue on my PC I'm now using a new Macbook and have recently downloaded firefox and I get pop-ups and page re-directions left and right. Also on some pages words are underlined and allow for scroll over and clicking for advertisements I think all of this is affiliated - please help
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Provides information about the default web browser
- Shockwave Flash 13.0 r0
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 11.0.06
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Extension Manager is installed on this machine.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- doubleTwist Web Plugin
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/28.0
hello, could you go to firefox > help > troubleshooting information, copy the contents of that page and paste them here into a reply on the forum? this might give us a clue what is going on...
You can try clearing your cookies and cache using these instructions (check 'Cache' as well as 'Cookies'), however I think the problem is being caused by adware on your Macbook. You should therefore try scanning your files using anti-virus software in order to remove the source of the problem. You can also try advertisement blocking extensions such as Adblock Plus and turn on your pop-up blocker if it isn't already on.
You can do a malware scan.
You can check the connection settings to make sure that you aren't using a proxy.
- Firefox > Preferences > Advanced > Network : Connection > Settings
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window.
Okulungisiwe ngu cor-el