I like Mozilla, would you reconsider support for Mac 10.5.8
Please reconsider support for Mac 10.5.8, please forward to appropiate persons
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Viewpoint Media Player (WPD)
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5.7
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20110614 Firefox/3.6.18
Please consider upgrading to a newer version of Mac OSX.
For an unofficial Firefox 24.4.0 ESR compatible version that runs on a PowerPC Mac with OS X 10.4.11 or OS X 10.5.8 you can look at TenFourFox.
The bigger issue in your case is that you have a PPC Mac and not Intel.
As of Firefox 4.0 support for PPC was dropped and Intel was needed. https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/4.0/system-requirements/
Even if you had a Intel, the minimum since Firefox 17.0 has been Mac OSX 10.6+ https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/17.0/system-requirements/
How ever there is a third-party option for PowerMac users as cor-el pointed out.
Yes, I also have this problem. Please reconsider this request.
dgarrelt, for what as Mac OSX 10.5.x (intel) has not been able to support Firefox since 17.0 and for PPC the last was 3.6.28.
If you have a Intel Mac then if you upgrade to at least OSX 10.6+ then you should be able to use current Firefox even.
Okulungisiwe ngu James