Sometimes a few webpages do not open Firefox but open on IE, for instance Facebook
Webpages as common as Facebook do not open on Firefox. This happens once in 50 occasions but I am still concerned.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.1
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/28.0
Could we have some more information please (screenshots would also be great), as I'm not sure what you mean by a page not opening. Do you get taking to a blank page? Does the web address change? Is this when clicking a link or typing an address in? If it is when clicking a link, do you stay on the same page? Is the page supposed to open in a new tab? Is a blank tab created?
Occasionally I have the problem that every page I go to is blank and the address bar is blank, but for me this is due to a bug with Windows 8 (and 8.1) which means my PC doesn't understand the IP address it is being assigned (even though it hasn't changed). I am able to resolve the issue by logging out of my Windows account and logging back on again.
You can try these steps in case of issues with web pages:
You can reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.
- Hold down the Shift key and left-click the Reload button
- Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- Press "Command + Shift + R" (Mac)
Clear the cache and cookies only from websites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Privacy > "Use custom settings for history" > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window.
I hope that your question has been answered.
If you have not already, please mark this thread as solved by marking the solution. This will help other users experiencing similar problems find help faster and more efficiently.
I hope you continue using our products and thank you for contacting Mozilla Support.