Why are all my downloads failing?
Every time I click a link to download something, I go to my downloads and see that the download just says, "failed." No reason why, no warning...it just says, "failed." WHY. My internet connection is fine. My version of Firefox is up to date. I don't even get an error message the download just does not happen. Nothing has changed since the last time I was downloading files to now. It isn't just for one particular file either. It's for every single thing I try to download.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Shockwave Flash 12.0 r0
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.51.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.6
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/28.0
It might be helpful to perform the steps listed at the Cannot Download or Save Files link to see if that can get your downloads up and running again.
It'll also help to scan your computer for any type of malicious files. Sometimes a problem with Firefox may be a result of malware installed on your computer, that you may not be aware of.
You can try these free programs to scan for malware, which work with your existing antivirus software:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner
- MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
- TDSSKiller - AntiRootkit Utility
- Hitman Pro
- ESET Online Scanner
Microsoft Security Essentials is a good permanent antivirus for Windows 7/Vista/XP if you don't already have one.
If all else fails, you might want to try a Reset of Firefox. The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information.
Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions and some Preferences.
- Open websites will not be saved in Firefox versions lower than 25.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
I have tried everything in the Cannot Download or Save Files Cannot Download or Save Files link. Nothing worked, not even a reset. I would try scanning my computer for malware, but I CAN'T DOWNLOAD ANYTHING. I'm pretty sure this is a problem with Firefox since I am able to download and save files in Safari. I would just use another browser, but all my passwords, bookmarks, etc. are saved in Firefox. This is a very frustrating problem since people send me numerous files everyday that I have no way of viewing! f anyone has any other suggestions, I would love to hear them!