Unfortunately, I need to find a new browser now. Can you suggest a browser that comes without the Prop 8 hate of Brandon Eich?
Your recent statement regarding your new CEO Brendan Eich's anti-LGBTQ views, does nothing to take responsibility for his actions.
Until Mozilla takes real action, such as removing him from the CEO position, or from Mozilla completely, I will continue to search for a new browser.
This is a perfectly reasonable request. In over 30 US States it is legal to fire LGBTQ people, just for being LGBTQ people.
Since Brendan Eich refuses to even discuss his anti-LGBTQ views, your statement as well as Mr. Mark Surman's, Mozilla Foundation Executive Director, statement are viewed by many as complete Public Relations propaganda.
I am very disappointed in your organization. To promote someone to CEO, who views LGBTQ people, or ANY group of people as second-class citizens and funds attempts to keep us/them so, is an action that you need to reverse quickly or lose your entire justice conscious community base.
By the way, I have been loyal to your products since the end of "NetScape" (before AOL's purchase of it). I only hope that Mozilla will remove Brendan Eich from any leadership post quickly, before the millions of LGBTQ people and our justice-minded supporters, world-wide, bring about the collapse of Mozilla.
Please act quickly.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Shockwave Flash 12.0 r0
- McAfee MSS+ NPAPI Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.06
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.51.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.52
- HP Pit Plugin
- HP Product Detection Plugin
- HP Active Check Plugin
- McAfee Virtual Technician plugin
- Website Logon Plugin
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/28.0
This does not have a place in the support forum. The proper use of the support forum is asking about and resolving issues for the betterment of the community, not for cause advocacy.
Both Mitchell and Brendan have both posted on the position of diversity in the workplace today.
and you can find more information on Participation in diversity here:
- Mitchell on Building a Global, Diverse, Inclusive Mozilla Project: Addressing Controversy
- On Mozilla’s Support for Marriage Equality which links to Mozilla Supports LGBT Equality
This a Support forum for Firefox, Thunderbird, webmaker. I will close this thread as offtopic. Since this primarily community-run forum is intended for providing technical support, it's not the right place to discuss policy issues - please also refer to the Forum rules and guidelines. thank you!
Okulungisiwe ngu James