How to stop auto-search in ctrl-f
How do you STOP the Find on page form field from automatically searching the moment you type a letter?
I can be wanting to search a page which could be VERY long and perhaps realize that the letter I typed was wrong or type the word AS FAST AS I CAN before it searches only to realize I MISSTYPED the word.. Now having to wait the 10-20seconds for it to finish scanning the page for my MISTYPED word.
I just want to be able to type in what I want and CLICK SEARCH.
Note: I'm using Firefox 29.0 (Beta) and this is CTRL-F (not the autofill for URL searching) Thanks
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Shockwave Flash 12.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 12.1
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.51.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/29.0
I APPEARS that it is a BUG that is defaulted to ON no matter if "Search for text while I start Typing" is OFF or NOT..
I've toggled it both OFF and ON; it was OFF the entire time and there is absolutely no change so the option seems to be defaulted to ON.
- searchhotkeys: http://nic-nac-project.de/~kaosmos/index-en.html#searchkeys