Two questions: 1) why can't I remove the "Open Menu" button from the toolbar, and (2) why does the "Open New Window" icon look like the Windows maximize button?
The new Australis beta, at least on a Mac, has two major visual annoyances. First of all, the "Open Menu" button (the icon with the three horizontal lines stacked on top of each other) cannot be removed, even if I don't use it for anything.
Second of all, the "Open New Window" button used to have a "+" symbol inside a window icon, which was totally intuitive. Now, it simply looks like the "Maximize Window" icon in all flavours of the Windows OS, which is totally confusing. What was wrong with the old icon??
Oh, and while we're on the subject--the zoom controls were simple, easy, and didn't take up space. A plus and minus button. Now, with the addition of a numerical percentage to the amount of zoom, the control is way too "long" horizontally.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Shockwave Flash 12.0 r0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/29.0
You could look for a zoom extension to see if you can find one that looks better.
- Zoom Page: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/zoom-page/
- Default FullZoom Level: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/default-fullzoom-level/