I keep getting both new tabs and other firefox sessions that I don't want
Often if I close(click the x) on an ad window a few (as many as 12) new tabs open up. I don't want any of them. I also get new instances of firefox that show up when I close a session. These tabs and instances of Firefox often have audio on more that one tab. It is very annoying. This has just started happening. I am using Firefox 28.0 on a windows 7 home premium machine.
How do I get rid of this problem.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Shockwave Flash 12.0 r0
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.51.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- npsitesafety (Official)
- Google Update
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.03
- A component of your photo software powered by RocketLife
- Picasa plugin
- Zeon PDF Plugin For Mozilla
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/28.0
You can check for recently installed suspicious or unknown extensions.
Do a malware check with several malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
Please scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
All these programs have free versions.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner:
- Windows Defender: Home Page:
- Spybot Search & Destroy:
- Kasperky Free Security Scan:
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller:
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked