google freezes firefox
I bought a new laptop its an Asus V550C with windows 8 64bit. Ever since I installed Firefox I have had an issue when I use Google. When I go to type in the search box I can get maybe 4 letters in and it will freeze up (Firefox will display "not responding). I have to leave it alone for 10-20 seconds then it will come back but it is a constant problem. It will then usually follow with a script error message asking me to "continue or stop script". I know the description is vague any help would be greatly appreciated. This is a constant problem it happens literally every time I use Google. If it makes a difference it will freeze the minute the search suggestions show up after I type even after it comes back when I continue to type it will usually freeze again before I can actually complete the search. This is an extremely annoying and frustrating problem. I figured this would be the best place to look for answers. Thanks a lot in advance any help at all is greatly appreciated. -Matt
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Shockwave Flash 12.0 r0
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.0
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.8
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0
Another suggestion would be an add-on/extension causing these unresponsive script errors. In order to be able to find the correct solution to your problem, we require some more non-personal information from you. Please do the following:
- Click the Firefox button at the top left, then click the Help menu and select Troubleshooting Information from the submenu. If you don't have a Firefox button, click the Help menu at the top and select Troubleshooting Information from the menu.
Now, a new tab containing your troubleshooting information should open.
- At the top of the page, you should see a button that says "Copy text to clipboard". Click it.
- Now, go back to your forum post and click inside the reply box. Press Ctrl+V to paste all the information you copied into the forum post.
If you need further information about the Troubleshooting information page, please read the article Use the Troubleshooting Information page to help fix Firefox issues.
Let me know how this goes.