Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
Unable to change the homepage. The field is greyed out as the one above it.
This began with the last update to Firefox a couple of days ago. The homepage was hijacked by Yahoo, and I am unable to change that. Both fields in the Option startup page are greyed out and cannot accept any changes. Restoring Firefox has had no effect. Also:
In spite of the fact that I selected to prevent pop-ups, they keep popping up at fast speed, mostly of a nature I am not interested to be bothered with.
All Replies (2)
This Firefox problem might be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps:
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (click Exit from the Firefox or File menu).
- Delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located in one of these locations, by default:
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
More information about reinstalling Firefox can be found here.
WARNING: Do not run Firefox's uninstaller or use a third party remover as part of this process, because that could permanently delete your Firefox data, including but not limited to, extensions, cache, cookies, bookmarks, personal settings and saved passwords. These cannot be recovered unless they have been backed up to an external device!
Please report back to see if this helped you!
Are there any prefs on the about:config page that have Locked in the status column?
You can click the Status heading to sort by this column.