Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
firefox doesn't detect adobe flash
I have a Dell Inspiron 3521 with Linux Mint 15 (Olivia x36-64). My Firefox is 26.0. The about page says it's Mozilla Firefox for Linux Mint - 1.0.
I have the latest version of Adobe Flash installed, but my Firefox is not recognizing it. It isn't showing up in the plugin list, so I can't even activate it.
So it's partially functioning, because I went to the Adobe website test page and it indicated that I have it and it works. But things Facebook doesn't work. Can't play games or reach it by external link on my email. This began when I reset my Firefox the other day.
How do I get this thing functioning again?
All Replies (2)
Some problems with Flash video playback can be resolved by disabling hardware acceleration in your Flash Player settings. (See this article for more information on using the Flash plugin in Firefox).
To disable hardware acceleration in Flash Player:
- Go to this Adobe Flash Player Help page.
- Right-click on the Flash Player logo on that page.
- Click on Settings in the context menu. The Adobe Flash Player Settings screen will open.
- Click on the icon at the bottom-left of the Adobe Flash Player Settings window to open the Display panel.
- Remove the check mark from Enable hardware acceleration.
- Click Close to close the Adobe Flash Player Settings Window.
- Restart Firefox.
This Flash Player Help - Display Settings page has more information on Flash Player hardware acceleration, if you're interested.
Does this solve the problem? Let us know.
What is FlashGot and what happens if you disable it? Also what is "This plugin provides integration with Cinnamon for live extension enabling and disabling. It can be used only by extensions.gnome.org" add on?