Firefox seems slow and laggy recently
I'm not sure why but Firefox seems really laggy recently. I tried resetting it and it didn't help. I scanned for viruses and malware but found none. Firefox is up to date. I did have this SelectionLink thing installed without me knowing but I uninstalled it. It seems to just be the Firefox browser so it's my connection. Is anyone else having this problem?
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.06
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Unity Player 4.2.0f4
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
Create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problems. See "Creating a profile":
Profile Backup and Restore
It is possible that your security software (firewall, anti-virus) blocks or restricts Firefox or the plugin-container process without informing you, possibly after detecting changes (update) to the Firefox program.
Remove all rules for Firefox and the plugin-container from the permissions list in the firewall and let your firewall ask again for permission to get full unrestricted access to internet for Firefox and the plugin-container process and the updater process.
I think I should also include that sometimes it's slow and laugh and sometimes it's not
Thanks for reporting back, how did the solutions mentioned above work for you?
Okulungisiwe ngu Andrew